It’s hard to know where to begin your search for the best network planning tools for your business. You are not by yourself. As hard as it can be to map a network, it can be easier to choose the right tools.
Picture a source that not only tells you about the 23 best network mapping software but also shows you how much each one costs and what kinds of plans they offer. For you to make your choice, this would help. That’s exactly what we made for you. Our complete guide has options for all kinds of businesses, from big ones with lots of needs to small ones on a budget.
Think about making it easier to manage your network, making it work better, and getting the best performance while staying within your budget. Read our article to learn more about how to find the best network mapping tool for your business and your budget.
Auvik is network control software that runs in the cloud, making life easier for techies. It automatically maps the network’s topology, so you always know how devices join. Auvik always keeps an eye on your network performance and lets you know about problems before they become big problems.
Are you taking care of various networks? Not a problem! Auvik can handle multiple tenants, so you don’t have to worry. It works with well-known third-party tools, which makes your tech community stronger. The robust reporting tool in Auvik helps you make intelligent choices. It’s a must-have for IT pros who want to make managing networks easier!
- Pricing is unavailable, but there is a form to request a custom quote.
To get started with Auvik right away, click here.
Datadog presents itself as a dynamic tracking service that allows you to effectively visualize your network, encompassing all your applications, infrastructure, and third-party services. This free tool offers a comprehensive view of your network, monitoring events and performance metrics in real-time. With its customizable sleek panels brimming with insightful data, Datadog’s network map enables users to create a network overview that is both informative and easy to interpret.
Featuring a robust alert system, Datadog ensures you are always informed and prepared to address any issues. Its capability to clearly present large volumes of data is instrumental in troubleshooting, and fostering collaborative efforts among teams for smoother operations. As a cloud-based service, Datadog is versatile and scalable, making it a suitable free network management solution for businesses of any size, adeptly evolving as you use the network and expand your operations.
- Free: Up to 5 hosts and basic monitoring features.
- Pro: $15 per host per month. Includes additional features such as container monitoring and custom metrics.
- Enterprise: $23 per host per month. Includes advanced features such as outlier detection and machine learning-based alerts.
To get started with Datadog right away, click here.
Faddom is a great way to keep an eye on networks and track them. You can see what’s happening in IT right now. Faddom is great at seeing how infrastructure and apps are linked. It speeds up fixing by making finding where problems are coming from easy.
Everyone can manage networks with Faddom because it is so easy to use. You can use it to make sure that business keeps going smoothly. This vital tool called Faddom can help you keep your network healthy and going well.
- Faddom still needs to provide pricing information for this product or service. Contact them for up-to-date price details.
To get started with Faddom right away, click here.
Source: SolarWinds Network Topology Mapper
How SolarWinds networks are set up makes it easy to map networks with Mapper because it automates the process. It looks for things in the network and shows how they link up. This tool lets you find items in more than one way so that you can be flexible.
Different maps are easy to make and will all be changed simultaneously. Following PCI, FIPS 140-2, and other rules is possible. Planning for traffic and running networks with SolarWinds’ mapper is easier. It’s the best way for IT experts to find out about networks in fine detail right now.
- SolarWinds Network Topology Mapper must still provide pricing information for this product or service. Contact them for up-to-date price details.
To get started with SolarWinds right away, click here.
Source: ManageEngine OpManager
ManageEngine OpManager Network Mapping stands out as a top network mapping software, designed to simplify complex network control. This tool excels in visualizing networks by automatically identifying and mapping network objects in real time. Its capabilities allow users to gain a comprehensive understanding of network performance.
The flexibility of OpManager lets you customize the appearance of network maps to suit specific requirements, enhancing the way you use the network. Compatible with a diverse array of network devices, OpManager provides a user-friendly interface that IT teams can easily navigate. As a product of ManageEngine, OpManager serves as a potent tool for proactive network management and monitoring, offering an efficient solution for visualizing and managing network infrastructures.
- ManageEngine still needs to provide pricing information for this product or service. Contact them for up-to-date price details.
To get started with ManageEngine right away, click here.
Domotz is a powerful and low-cost tool for managing and tracking networks. Monitors networks and devices linked to them 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Domotz lets you reach things from afar, which saves time and resources.
The alerts and reports make it easy to keep your network safe. It works with many different devices, making it very flexible. People who work in IT and outsourced service providers will love Domotz. It’s a cheap way to ensure your network works well and is safe.
- Free trial: 50 Domotz metrics and unlimited support
- Pro plan: $35 per month per site. Includes all free trial features plus unlimited devices, automated device discovery, etc.
- Enterprise plan: Starts at $1000 per month, including all Pro plan features plus enterprise customization. It has a success manager and a service level agreement.
To get started with Domotz right away, click here.
Source: SolarWinds Hybrid Cloud Observability
It is possible to see your whole IT system with SolarWinds Hybrid Cloud Observability. You can keep an eye on networks, computers, and apps all at the same time. It’s helpful to have this tool for mixed, on-premises, and cloud settings.
With more info, it’s easier to figure out what’s wrong. Smart tips from SolarWinds help you fix issues before they happen. You can see information in real time with panels that can be changed. Firms needing to learn to use mixed cloud platforms should use this tool.
- SolarWinds Hybrid Cloud still needs to provide pricing information for this product or service. Contact them for up-to-date price details.
To get started with SolarWinds Hybrid Cloud right away, click here.
Source: Microsoft Visio
Microsoft Visio is a drawing tool that helps you understand data that is hard to understand. You can use it to make flowcharts, network maps, and organizational plans. Many forms and models in Visio can help you start your projects.
As you drag and drop things, making designs is simple and fun. Group work is better when you can do it with others. Other Microsoft Office apps work great with Visio. It’s a useful tool for workers who like to use diagrams to talk to each other easily.
- Free trial: 50 Domotz metrics and unlimited support
- Pro plan: $35 per month per site. Includes all free trial features plus unlimited devices, automated device disco
- Visio in Microsoft 365: Free with Microsoft 365 commercial plans and included with Microsoft 365 Family and Microsoft 365 Personal.
- Visio Plan 1: $5.00 per user every month. Includes hundreds of shapes and basic icons, dozens of templates for basic diagrams, and real-time collaboration.
- Visio Plan 2: $15.00 per user per month. It includes everything in Visio Plan 1, thousands of shapes, and Microsoft product icons. It has additional templates for premium diagrams and premium features.
- Visio Standard 2021: $299.99 one-time purchase. Includes everything in Visio Plan 2, plus offline and local file support, database reverse engineering and modeling, and data connectivity. very, etc.
- Enterprise plan: Starts at $1000 per month, including all Pro plan features plus enterprise customization. It has a success manager and a service level agreement.
To get started with Microsoft Visio right away, click here.
With Intermapper software, you can watch and map your network. It helps you stay in touch with your network. In real-time, it shows you bright pictures of your network. Intermapper finds network devices on its own and tells you their status. The message is sent right away if there are network issues.
It works with networks of all sizes, from very small to large. With Intermapper, you can make tracking more specific by writing your scripts. IT pros who need to check the health and speed of networks can count on this tool.
- Intermapper still needs to provide pricing information for this product or service. Contact them for up-to-date price details.
To get started with Intermapper right away, click here.
Lucidchart is a versatile diagramming application designed for cloud-based network management. It excels in visualizing complex network traffic scenarios, aiding in network discovery processes, and serving as an invaluable tool for network performance monitoring. This app operates seamlessly in the cloud environment, enabling users to bring their ideas to life through detailed flowcharts, process maps, and business diagrams. Its collaborative features allow teams to work in real time, enhancing communication and idea generation.
With its intuitive drag-and-drop interface, Lucidchart simplifies the creation of intricate diagrams. This ease of use extends to its integration capabilities, connecting effortlessly with a variety of applications including Microsoft Office and Google Workspace. Lucidchart’s approachable design makes it accessible to users of all skill levels, from network professionals to those without technical expertise, redefining the way ideas are visualized and communicated in a cloud-based network setting.
- Free: For people and kids. It comes with simple tools like text boxes, shapes, and connectors.
- Simple: $5 a month for each customer. It has all the features of the Free plan plus more complicated shapes, tools for working together, and connections to other programs.
- It costs $18 a month for each user. It has all the Basic plan features plus the ability to make infinite diagrams, brand them, and use Lucidchart’s API.
- Business: Custom prices. For groups with more than 50 users. It has all the same features as the Pro plan plus faster help and a personal account managed device finding and management of multiple tenants.
- An enterprise plan starts at $1000 per month. It has all the same tools as the pro plan plus enterprise customization, a success manager, and a service level agreement.
To get started with Lucidchart right away, click here.
Source: Paessler PRTG
Paessler PRTG Network Monitor stands out as a comprehensive management software tailored for monitoring automated networks. This all-encompassing tool vigilantly oversees your entire IT infrastructure, ensuring every aspect of your network, including devices on your network, operates flawlessly. With a keen focus on automated network functionalities, PRTG consistently tracks network devices, traffic, and performance, offering customizable displays for a transparent overview of your network’s health.
In the event of any irregularities or issues, PRTG promptly notifies you, ensuring that you can react quickly to maintain network integrity. Its versatility makes it suitable for networks of various sizes, from small setups to extensive automatic networks. As an integral tool for IT professionals, the Paessler PRTG Network Monitor guarantees efficient and reliable network operation, making it indispensable for managing the dynamic and complex networks of today.
- Paessler PRTG still needs to provide pricing information for this product or service. Contact them for up-to-date price details.
To get started with Paessler PRTG right away, click here.
Source: Wondershare EdrawMax
eDraw is flexible drawing software that can be used for many things. You can use it to make flowcharts, thought maps, org charts, and other things. There are a lot of themes and symbols in eDraw’s library. Making diagrams is easy and fun thanks to its simple design.
You can easily share designs and work together with other people. eDraw can export and import several different file types. It’s an excellent tool for workers and teachers who need a flexible way to make diagrams.
- Semi-Annual Plan: $69 per year. Includes access to all features and 1GB of cloud storage.
- Annual Plan: $99 per year. Includes access to all features and 2GB of cloud storage.
- Perpetual Plan: $199. Includes a lifetime license to EdrawMax and 2GB of cloud storage.
- Perpetual Bundle Plan: $299. Includes a lifetime license to EdrawMax, 2GB of cloud storage, and access to EdrawMax’s online learning platform.
To get started with eDraw right away, click here.
LANFlow stands out as a management tool specifically designed for network visualization and dependency mapping within logical networks. This tool simplifies the process of creating comprehensive network diagrams, offering an extensive array of symbols and templates tailored to represent various network elements. With LANFlow, users can effortlessly craft layouts ranging from basic network structures to more intricate logical network designs.
This user-friendly tool caters to both novices and seasoned professionals, streamlining the network diagramming experience. Its capability to export designs in various file formats enhances its utility, allowing for easy sharing and collaboration. LANFlow’s automated features significantly accelerate the network planning process, making it a highly efficient resource for IT personnel engaged in developing and documenting logical network architectures. Its emphasis on clear network visualization and dependency mapping makes LANFlow an invaluable asset in the IT toolkit.
- LANFlow has not provided pricing information for this product or service. Contact them for up-to-date price details.
To get started with LANFlow right away, click here.
Network Notepad is software that lets you make living network plans. Schemas are accessible for everyone to use so that anyone can draw them. You can add your shapes and lines to your Network Notepad map. It lets you connect images to data from outside sources for live shows.
Network jobs can be done more quickly when people work together on the software. It’s quick and small, so it’s great for rapidly drawing designs. This app is excellent for people who like to plan and run networks and need something simple and valuable.
- NetProbe still needs to provide pricing information for this product or service. Contact them for up-to-date price details.
To get started with NetProbe right away, click here.
15. Network Notepad
Source: Network Notepad
There is a tool called Network Notepad that makes it easy to draw networks. Because it’s drag-and-drop, it’s great for making plans for networks. Making network plans, saving, and printing them is simple. You can make your templates and forms in Network Notepad for more extended graphics. It’s quick and easy for users because it’s small and light.
The teamwork features of this software let more than one person work on the same picture at the same time. Notepad is a good choice for people who work with or are interested in networks and need a simple but powerful tool for making diagrams.
- Network Notepad still needs to provide pricing information for this product or service. Contact them for up-to-date price details.
To get started with Network Notepad right away, click here.
Source: netTerrain Logical
netTerrain Logical is a tool for making dynamic diagrams of IT systems. Its main job is to create thorough visualizations of networks and data centers. netTerrain Logical finds your IT assets automatically, which saves you time.
It’s easy to track and control your network in real-time. It can grow with your network, so it works for all sizes. With its robust data, netTerrain Logical helps IT professionals make better decisions. This tool is beneficial for IT workers who want to make their network and data center work better.
- netTerrain Logical still needs to provide pricing information for this product or service. Contact them for up-to-date price details.
To get started with netTerrain Logical right away, click here.
D3M is a cutting-edge tool for making networks and writing up papers. People can make project papers and network maps and track them all in one place. D3M makes working together easy, so groups can get their work done without issues.
Everything you have can work together simultaneously, which helps you get things done. Telecoms and MSPs that need to plan and keep track of their networks will love this tool. D3M makes it easy to organize projects with its built-in tools. This tool is excellent for workers who want to plan and record networks more quickly and easily.
- Professional: $20 per user every month, billed annually or in advance.
- Team: $35 per user per month, billed annually or in advance.
- Enterprise: Contact D3M for a quote.
To get started with D3M right away, click here.
Software called LANTopoLog is used to watch and map networks. It automatically finds the network structure, which makes setting it up easy. The tool gives you a picture of your network, which makes it easier to understand and control.
If there are any problems with your network, LANTopoLog will let you know immediately. It can watch VLANs and keep track of changes to the network. The software works best for networks that are small to medium-sized. Network managers who need an easy-to-use and effective monitoring tool will find LANTopoLog helpful.
- LANTopoLog has not provided pricing information for this product or service. Contact them for up-to-date price details.
To get started with LANTopoLog right away, click here.
Creately is a flexible drawing app that helps people work together and be more creative. You can use it to make flowcharts, thought maps, org charts, etc. Creately has a vast library of templates and forms.
Its easy-to-use layout makes making diagrams quick and straightforward. You and your team members can work together in real-time from anywhere. Creately works with well-known apps like Slack and Google Workspace. It’s an excellent tool for pros and teams that want to see how ideas and processes work clearly.
- Free plan: Limited features, one workspace.
- Starter plan: $5 per month, unlimited workspaces, 50 team members, basic support.
- Pro plan: $15 monthly, unlimited workspaces, 100 team members, priority support.
- Enterprise plan: Contact Creately for pricing, unlimited workspaces, unlimited team members, dedicated account manager.
To get started with Creately right away, click here.
Source: 10-Strike Network Diagram
10-Strike Network Diagram is a tool that can be used to make detailed network layouts. Diagramming is faster and more accurate because it finds network items independently. It is easy to map out network topology because it has an extensive library of symbols. Ten Strike Network Diagram lets you download designs in a number of different types.
It’s great for making plans, keeping track of things, and solving network issues. People who work in IT and network management will like this program. With all of its vital tools, the 10-Strike Network Diagram makes it easier to see how to do complex network jobs.
- 10-Strike Network Diagram has not provided pricing information for this product or service. Contact them for up-to-date price details.
To get started with 10-Strike Network Diagram right away, click here.
It’s easy to keep track of IT processes with Device42. It lets you handle all of your assets, improving IT monitoring and control. It saves time and ensures the information is correct when Device42 finds IT assets immediately.
It has powerful tools for running data centers and seeing how networks are linked. It helps you plan for growth and keep track of IP addresses. There are well-known IT control tools that work with Device42. It is a must-have for significant businesses that want to make their operations more efficient and their IT systems more accessible.
- Device42 pricing is designed to be easy to and flexible. Their software is offered as an annual subscription model, based on the number of devices.
To get started with Device42 right away, click here.
Source: Total Network Inventory
Total Network Inventory is software that can be used to audit and inventory a whole network. It checks your network to get information about all the gear and software connected to it. There’s no need for installation agents; it works without any problems.
Total Network Inventory keeps all your info in one place, making management very easy. It makes thorough reports that keep you up to date on your IT assets. The program is excellent for keeping track of changes and planning upgrades. Total Network Inventory is a must-have for IT pros who want to get a clear picture of the health and makeup of their network.
- Total Network Inventory has not provided pricing information for this product or service. Contact them for up-to-date price details.
To get started with Total Network Inventory right away, click here.
23. Nlyte DCIM
Source: Nlyte DCIM
Nlyte DCIM, which stands for “Data Center Infrastructure Management,” is a complete tool for controlling the resources in a data center. It monitors power, cooling, and the surroundings in real-time. Nlyte makes the best use of the data center room and lowers its running costs.
It helps manage things well, from buying to getting rid of them. The software makes sure that rules and standards in the industry are followed. With its predictive data and reporting, Nlyte helps people make better decisions. It’s an essential tool for data center managers who want to make their IT systems as reliable and efficient as possible.
- Nlyte DCIM has not given any price information for this service or product. For the most up-to-date price information, contact them.
To get started with Nlyte DCIM right away, click here.
There are many types of network mapping tools, and the choices are always changing. There are choices for all income levels and needs. From the top 23, we can see that there is a way to fix any networking problem, no matter what size of business you have.
It’s possible for everyone to find software that works for them because each one has its own pros, cons, price, and level of difficulty. Don’t forget that the right network planning tool can give you information that can help your business grow as well as make it easier to manage your network. New tech comes out all the time, so it’s important to know about it.
Read our piece on the newest AI developments to stay up to date. If you want to learn more about AI tools that are changing the business world, read the 39 leading email marketing software in 2023.
This complete guide will teach you about the fresh AI ideas that are making a lot of things different.
Visit our blog and learn how AI can help your business grow.
FAQs About The Best Network Mapping Software of 2023
What is a network mapping solution and how does it benefit network engineers?
A network mapping solution is a tool or software that helps network engineers visualize the layout and interconnections of devices within a network. It provides a graphical representation of the network, aiding in understanding its structure and diagnosing issues.
How does network management software aid in monitoring and managing a complete IT network?
Network management software offers tools for monitoring and managing every aspect of a complete IT network. It tracks performance, detects failures, and provides insights into network health, thus ensuring smooth operation and quick troubleshooting.
Can monitoring software integrate with application dependency mapping for enhanced network visibility?
Yes, monitoring software can integrate with application dependency mapping to provide enhanced visibility into how applications within the network depend on and interact with each other. This helps in optimizing performance and identifying potential issues.
What are the advantages of using open-source network mapping software?
Open-source network mapping software offers flexibility and customization, allowing network administrators to modify the software to meet specific needs. It can be a cost-effective solution for network monitoring and troubleshooting.
How does Datadog Network Performance Monitoring stand out in real-time network monitoring?
Datadog Network Performance Monitoring excels in real-time network monitoring by offering comprehensive visibility into network traffic protocols and performance. It helps in quickly identifying and resolving network performance issues.
What is a logical network diagram and how is it useful for network monitoring and management?
A logical network diagram is a visual representation that shows how different network components and devices are logically connected. It is crucial for understanding and managing the flow of data within the network.
How can Cisco network administrators benefit from network topology mapping?
Network topology mapping allows Cisco network administrators to visually understand the types of network configurations and connections in use. This aids in efficient network planning and troubleshooting.
What features should I look for in the right network mapping software for my organization?
When choosing the right network mapping software, look for features like automatic network mapping, network shapes and templates, compatibility with various types of network devices, and the ability to map the network in real-time.
How does SolarWinds Network Performance assist in network monitoring?
SolarWinds Network Performance provides tools for continuous monitoring of network devices and connections, offering insights into the health and performance of the network and assisting in proactive management and troubleshooting.
What are the key benefits of cloud-based network management software?
Cloud-based network management software offers scalability, remote accessibility, and often lower upfront costs. It provides a comprehensive solution for network monitoring and management, suitable for a wide range of network types and sizes.