Are you looking for effective email marketing software to boost your business? In today’s digital age, email marketing is an essential tool for businesses of all sizes. However, choosing the right email marketing software can be daunting.
We have collected the 39 best email marketing software platforms to make your life easier. Read on as we discover the top email marketing software alternatives.
The 39 Leading Email Marketing Software Platforms
AWeber is an email marketing and automation service provider for small businesses. Since 1998, AWeber’s suite of web-based email marketing and automation tools, as well as education, has helped over 1 million small businesses, entrepreneurs, and nonprofits increase sales and profits. In addition, AWeber works with over 450 software partners, allowing it to integrate with the apps and services that customers already use.
- Setups up automated email campaigns based on triggers like a new subscriber, a specific date, or an action taken by a subscriber.
- Manages and segments your email list with tags and custom fields and imports subscribers from other platforms.
- Accesses customer support through live chat, email, phone, or a knowledge base.
- Creates landing pages to collect leads and grow your email list.
- Free: Up to 500 subscribers, 1 email list, 1 landing page, and 1 email automation.
- Lite: This plan starts at $12.50/month, with unlimited subscribers, 1 email list, 3 landing pages, and 3 email automation.
- Plus: This plan starts at $20/month, with unlimited subscribers, unlimited email lists, unlimited landing pages, and complete email automation.
- Unlimited: This plan starts at $899/month, including all plus features, advanced landing page features, and personalized account management.
GetResponse is an online email marketing platform launched in 1999. It was founded by Simon Grabowski in Europe and has since become one of the world’s leading email marketing services. Providing an easy-to-use, cost-effective solution drastically reduced the barriers to entry for email marketing.
- Manages customer data and tracks interactions with the built-in customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
- Hosts webinars and communicate with attendees through video, audio, and chat features.
- Tracks the performance of your email campaigns, webinars, and landing pages with real-time analytics and reporting.
- Email Marketing: $15.58/month with AI subject line generator, unlimited newsletters, and basic segmentation
- Marketing Automation: $48.38/month with marketing automation, event-based automation, and advanced segmentation.
- Ecommerce Marketing: $97.58/month with quick transactional emails, abandoned cart recovery, and ecommerce segmentation.
ActiveCampaign is a cloud software platform for small-to-medium-sized businesses based in Chicago, Illinois. The company provides customer experience automation software, which combines transactional email, email marketing, marketing automation, sales automation, and CRM.
- Allows businesses to automate their marketing campaigns based on customer behavior and engagement. This can include lead nurturing, lead scoring, and trigger-based emails.
- Creates custom pipelines, automates tasks, and tracks deals.
- Provides robust reporting capabilities to help businesses measure the effectiveness of their marketing efforts
- Lite: Starts at $29/month (paid yearly), perfect for solopreneurs who require their marketing to run smoothly.
- Plus: Starts at $49/month (paid yearly) with up to 3 users, ideal for small teams focused on creating exceptional customer experiences throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Professional: Starts at $149/month (paid yearly) with up to 5 users, good for teams looking to experiment with and optimize their marketing efforts.
- Enterprise: With up to 10 users, speak with their sales to customize the best plan for you and the price.
HubSpot is a comprehensive inbound marketing and sales platform that offers a wide range of features. It was developed in 2006 at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah. Revenues increased from $255,000 in 2007 to $15.6 million in 2010. Later, HubSpot purchased Oneforty, Laura Fitton’s Twitter app.
- Offers a chatbot builder that allows businesses to create and customize their chatbots for lead generation and customer support.
- Provides tools with multi-touch attribution, revenue reporting, and campaign analytics.
- Offers conversational marketing tools that allow businesses to engage with website visitors in real time, using chatbots, live chat, and targeted messages.
- Free: It offers basic marketing, sales, and service features, including lead capture forms, email marketing, and ticketing.
- Starter: $30/month includes more advanced features such as marketing automation, contact management, and basic analytics.
- Professional: $877/month provides access to more advanced marketing and sales tools, including lead scoring, predictive lead scoring, and custom reporting.
- Enterprise: $3,600/month includes all the features of the Professional plan plus advanced features such as custom event tracking, advanced reporting, and multi-touch revenue attribution.
Omnisend is an email and SMS marketing automation platform founded in 2014. The company was created by Rytis Lauris and Justas Kriukas, two entrepreneurs from Lithuania who saw an opportunity to help ecommerce businesses automate their marketing efforts.
- Multichannel marketing automation
- Seamless Integrations
- Seamless Integrations
- Real-Time Dashboard
- Pre-made Templates
- Free: This plan is free forever and includes basic features such as email campaigns, sign-up forms, popups, and segmentation. In addition, it allows you to send up to 15,000 emails per month to up to 2,000 subscribers.
- Standard: This plan starts at $16/month and includes all the features of the Free Plan, plus additional features such as email automation workflows, SMS campaigns, and product recommendations.
- Pro: This plan starts at $59/month and includes all the features of the Standard Plan, plus advanced features such as Facebook Custom Audiences, Google Customer Match, and web push notifications.
6. Constant Contact
Constant Contact, Inc. is an online marketing firm based in Waltham, Massachusetts, with offices in Loveland, Colorado, and New York, New York. Randy Parker founded the company in 1995, and it was sold to Endurance International in 2015.
- Promotes events and tracks registrations with online event management tools.
- Tracks email open rates, click-through rates, social media engagement, and other metrics to measure campaign success.
- Connects Constant Contact to Twitter or Facebook accounts to promote content and build customer relationships on social media platforms.
- Gets help and support through phone, chat, email, and a knowledge base.
- Core: Starting at $9.99/month for up to 500 contacts which includes access to over 100 email templates and an image library
- Plus: Starting at $45/month for up to 500 contacts, additional reporting and tracking tools, including heat maps and click segmentation.
Sendinblue is a relationship marketing SaaS solution. Armand Thiberge and Kapil Sharma founded the company in 2007. It provides a cloud-based marketing communication software suite that includes email marketing, transactional email, marketing automation, customer relationship management, landing pages, Facebook ads, retargeting ads, SMS marketing, and more.
- Creates transactional emails using Sendinblue’s SMTP server or API.
- Sets up triggers for abandoned carts, welcome emails, and more.
- It offers a live chat feature that you can integrate into your website or app to provide real-time customer support.
- Free: This includes up to 300 emails/day, customizable email templates, and SMS & WhatsApp campaigns.
- Starter: Starting from $25/month with unlimited contacts, this includes all free features plus 20k emails/month, no daily sending limit, and no Sendinblue logo.
- Business: Starting from 65/month with all the starter features plus marketing automation, A/B testing, advanced statistics, and multi-user access.
- Enterprise: Ideal for large organizations with specific needs with everything in the Business features, enterprise-grade security, tailored onboarding, and flexible contract.
8. Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor is a simple email marketing tool that allows marketers to send beautiful and personalized emails, establishing a reliable channel to increase subscriber engagement and promote loyal readership and conversions. It is based in Nashville, Tennessee, USA, and is funded by Insight Partners.
- Provides a drag-and-drop email builder that allows users to create customized email templates without any coding experience.
- Allows users to set up automated email campaigns based on subscriber behavior, such as abandoned cart emails or welcome series.
- Ensures emails are optimized for mobile devices to look good and are easily read on any screen.
- Basic: Starts at $9/month with up to 2,500 emails and core email features.
- Unlimited: Starts at $29/month with unlimited emails and emails for the frequent sender.
- Premier: $149/month with advanced segmentation plus premier support.
ConvertKit was started in January 2013 when Nathan Barry, a blogger, and inventor, needed a better way to reach his audience and sell books and courses via email. ConvertKit, rather than being a tool for all small businesses, focused solely on the needs of online producers.
- Uses tags to organize subscribers based on their interests and actions.
- Allows you to create custom opt-in forms that can be embedded on your website, landing pages, or blog posts.
- Allows you to send personalized emails to your subscribers based on their interests and actions.
- Provides a range of customizable email templates that can be used to create professional-looking emails.
- Free: This includes unlimited forms, unlimited broadcasts, audience tagging and segmentation, and selling digital products & subscriptions.
- Creator: This starts at $9/month with free migration from another tool, visual automation builders, and third-party integrations.
- Creator Pro: This starts at $25/month with all the features from Creator plus a newsletter referral system, subscriber scoring, and advanced reporting.
Bill Persteiner and Jim Cecil invented Action Plans in 1992, originally used in software named WinSales. New leads are immediately enrolled in a drip marketing campaign with messaging relevant to the call-to-action from which the lead came, commonly referred to as an autoresponder.
- Allows you to personalize your email content based on subscriber data, such as their name, location, or behavior.
- It enables you to experiment with alternative email subject lines, content and calls to action to find what works best for your audience.
- It allows you to streamline your workflow and create a more cohesive marketing strategy.
- Offers a 14-day free trial, and paid plans start at $39/month for up to 2,500 subscribers—the price increases based on the number of subscribers you have.
Infusionsoft was started in Mesa, Arizona, in 2001 by brothers Scott and Eric Martineau, who are now CEO. The business created a script to automate sales leads in 2004, which became the cornerstone of Infusionsoft’s SaaS product line. The company is currently known as Keap as of January 2019.
- Marketing automation
- Lead scoring
- Sales pipeline management
- Appointment scheduling
- E-commerce integration
- Pro: Starting at $149/month, you can have 1,500 contacts and 2 users, with email marketing, sales & marketing automation, and sales pipeline & analysis.
- Max: Starting at $ 199/month, you can get 2,500 contacts and 3 users with all the features from the Pro plan plus promo codes & upsells, and marketing analytics.
SendGrid, or Twilio SendGrid, is a cloud-based email distribution solution that helps organizations. It is a customer communication platform for transactional and marketing email established in Denver, Colorado. Isaac Saldana, Jose Lopez, and Tim Jenkins started the company in 2009, and it was nurtured through the Techstars accelerator program.
- Email personalization
- Email API
- Reporting and analytics
- Transactional emails
- Free: It allows businesses to send up to 100 emails daily, with basic email deliverability features.
- Essentials: Starts at $19.95/month, including advanced email deliverability features and access to SendGrid’s API and reporting and analytics tools.
- Pro: Starts at $89.95/month, including all of the features of the Essentials plan, plus additional advanced features such as A/B testing, dedicated IP addresses, and custom DKIM.
- Premier: It is designed for businesses that send large volumes of emails and require customized features and support. Pricing for this plan is customized based on the business’s specific needs.
13. Benchmark Email
Benchmark Email was founded in 2004 by Curt Keller, a serial entrepreneur who previously founded several other successful startups. The company was created to provide an affordable and easy-to-use email marketing platform for small businesses.
- Built-in Deliverability Optimization
- Segmentation & Automation Tools
- Comprehensive Email Analytics & Reporting
- Flexible Delivery Scheduling
- Free: With 300/month, this includes designing amazing emails, capturing new subscribers and segment lists, and tracking email performance.
- Lite: This plan starts at $8/month, including removing Benchmark Branding, scheduling Emails, and publishing Landing Pages.
- Pro: This plan starts at $13/month, including everything in the Lite plan plus automated customer journeys, A/B test email content, and gathering feedback with surveys & polls.
Mailchimp is a marketing automation platform and emails marketing service called Intuit Mailchimp. “Mailchimp” is the brand name of its operator, Rocket Science Group, an American company founded in 2001 by Ben Chestnut and Mark Armstrong, who Dan Kurzius later joined.
- Creates email campaigns using drag-and-drop templates or custom HTML.
- Builds and manages your email list, segment subscribers, and target specific groups.
- Setups automated email campaigns based on triggers, such as a new subscriber or a specific date.
- Uses merge tags to personalize emails with subscriber information and create dynamic content based on subscriber behavior.
- Free: No payment required. Create email campaigns with ease and learn more about your customers.
- Essentials: Starts at $13/month (free for 1 month). You can send the right material at the right time with testing and scheduling options.
- Standard: Starts at $20/month (free for 1 month). Personalization, optimization tools, and better automation will help you sell more.
- Premium: Starts at $350/month (free for 1 month). Offers the most advanced features, unlimited contacts, and priority support designed just for teams.
SendPulse is a marketing automation platform that offers email marketing, SMS marketing, web push notifications, chatbots, and more. It was founded in 2015 by Alexey Subbotin and Dmitry Starodubtsev in Kyiv, Ukraine. It launched its artificial intelligence platform, which uses machine learning algorithms to optimize email campaigns and improve deliverability.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Multichannel Marketing
- Chatbot Builder
- Advanced Reporting
- Free: The free plan includes email marketing, up to 500 subscribers, and up to 15,000 emails per month.
- Standard: The plan starts at $6.40/month and includes email marketing, web push notifications, and chatbots.
- Pro: The plan starts at $7.68/month and includes all the features of the standard plan, plus automation workflows, landing pages, and additional marketing automation tools.
- Enterprise: The plan is designed for larger businesses with specific needs, and it includes all of the features of the pro plan as well as a dedicated account manager, personalized pricing, and additional support.
Moosend was founded in 2011 by Yannis Psarras and Panos Melissaropoulos in Athens, Greece. It focused on providing email marketing services. However, the company soon expanded its offerings to include marketing automation, landing pages, and other tools.
- It enables organizations to easily build and send email campaigns by utilizing a drag-and-drop email editor, customizable templates, and smart segmentation.
- Allows organizations to develop complex automation processes, trigger actions depending on user behavior, and track the efficacy of their automation initiatives.
- Offers advanced analytics and reporting features, including real-time data, heat maps, and conversion tracking.
- Free: The plan provides email marketing for up to 1,000 subscribers and limited capabilities such as email templates and reporting.
- Pro: Starts at $9/month with unlimited emails, automation workflows, and SMTP Server.
- Enterprise: The plan includes all the features of the pro plan, plus a dedicated account manager, custom pricing, and additional support.
Emma was founded in 2003 by Clint Smith and Will Weaver in Nashville, Tennessee. It focused on providing email marketing services to businesses of all sizes. It serves over 50,000 customers worldwide and continues innovating and expanding its marketing automation offerings.
- Offers a variety of automation features, such as welcome emails, abandoned cart emails, and birthday emails, to help businesses automate their email marketing campaigns and save time.
- It has an A/B testing feature that allows businesses to test different email variations and determine which performs better regarding open rates, click-through rates, and conversions.
- Integrates with various popular business tools, such as Shopify, Salesforce, and Eventbrite, making it easy to connect with other marketing channels.
- Emma Lite: This plan is designed for small businesses and starts at $99/month for up to 10,000 contacts.
- Emma Essentials: This plan starts at $159/month, which includes all the features of Emma Lite, plus additional features such as audience segmentation, dynamic content, and inbox preview.
- Emma for Teams: This plan starts at $249/month that includes all the features of Emma Essential, plus additional features such as advanced reporting, campaign approvals, and user roles and permissions.
MailerLite is a privately owned email marketing company founded in 2010 by two friends, Ignas Rubezius and Eimantas Norkūnas, in Vilnius, Lithuania. The company started as a web design agency. Still, it later shifted its focus to email marketing after identifying a gap in the market for easy-to-use and affordable email marketing software.
- MailerLite has a simple and intuitive user interface, making it easy for businesses of all sizes to create and send professional-looking email campaigns.
- Offers a variety of automation features, such as autoresponders, targeted email campaigns, and behavioral automation, to help businesses save time and increase engagement.
- Allows users to create custom landing pages with a drag-and-drop builder, making it easy to create effective landing pages for email campaigns without needing coding skills.
- Free: This includes up to 1,000 subscribers and allows businesses to send up to 12,000 emails monthly. In addition, it includes all basic features like email automation, landing pages, and A/B testing.
- Starter: This plan starts at $25/month for up to 1,000 subscribers and includes all basic features, as well as additional features such as newsletter templates, advanced reporting, and the ability to remove the MailerLite logo from your emails.
- Enterprise: This plan is designed for businesses with more than 50,000 subscribers and offers custom pricing based on the needs of the business. It includes all features from the Starter plan and additional features such as dedicated IP addresses, custom email templates, and priority support.
Mailjet is a cloud-based email marketing and automation platform founded in 2010 by Julien Tartarin and Wilfried Durand. The platform allows businesses to create and send marketing, transactional, and automated emails to their subscribers. It was initially created to provide an affordable and easy-to-use email marketing solution for small and medium-sized businesses. The platform quickly gained popularity in Europe and expanded globally, with offices in France, Germany, Spain, Canada, and the United States.
- Allows teams to collaborate on email campaigns with features like sub-accounts, shared templates, and a collaborative email editor.
- Enables multiple team members to work on the same email simultaneously. This allows for faster collaboration and more efficient workflow.
- Ensures that emails are delivered to subscribers’ inboxes and not marked as spam.
- Free: This plan only includes email automation, templates, segmentation, and A/B testing.
- Essential: This plan starts at $15/month and allows businesses to send up to 30,000 emails per month with a limit of 1,000 emails per day. This also includes all the Free plan features, advanced segmentation, priority support, and the ability to remove Mailjet branding from emails.
- Premium: This plan starts at $25/month and allows businesses to send up to 30,000 emails per month with a limit of 3,000 emails per day. Includes all the features of the Essential plan, as well as advanced marketing automation, user roles and permissions, and multi-user collaboration.
- Custom: This plan is designed for businesses with high-volume email needs and offers a range of customizable features and pricing options. This plan includes all the features of the Premium plan, as well as dedicated IP addresses, custom email infrastructure, and custom reporting and analytics.
Klaviyo is a powerful marketing automation platform for eCommerce businesses. It helps online stores to engage customers and increase their sales by enabling them to analyze customer data, create targeted campaigns, and optimize their marketing efforts. It uses data from your stores, such as purchase history and browsing behavior, to create tailored campaigns that are relevant to each customer’s interests.
- Allow businesses to create targeted email campaigns based on customer behavior, preferences, and purchase history.
- Integrates with a wide range of ecommerce platforms, including Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, and BigCommerce.
- It uses machine learning algorithms to analyze customer behavior and predict future purchase behavior.
- Free: The plan allows businesses to have up to 250 contacts and send up to 500 emails monthly.
- Email: The plan starts at $45/month and allows businesses to send unlimited emails to up to 500 contacts—the price increases based on the number of contacts in a business’s database.
- Email and SMS: The plan starts at $60/month and allows businesses to send email and SMS campaigns to up to 500 contacts—the price increases based on the number of contacts in a business’s database.
21. Acoustic Campaign
Acoustic Campaign is an email marketing software solution offered by IBM. It’s designed to help businesses manage their campaigns and automate sending emails to customers. It also integrates with third-party tools and services.
iContact is an email marketing solution that allows businesses to create and send emails to their lists. It offers a range of features, such as drag-and-drop email design, contact management, autoresponders, list segmentation, and campaign tracking. It also allows users to schedule emails in advance and track results in real time.
SharpSpring is an email marketing software solution that helps businesses increase leads and ROI by automating and optimizing email campaigns. It offers features such as lead scoring and nurturing, segmentation, A/B testing, advanced reporting, and integrations with popular CRM systems. It also provides insights into customer engagement data so marketers can make informed campaign decisions.
VerticalResponse is an email marketing tool that helps businesses create professional emails for their marketing campaigns. It offers features such as customizable templates
Pardot is a powerful email marketing software solution that provides customers with insights into the behaviors and preferences of their target audience. It allows users to segment their contacts for more personalized campaigns and access analytics to track the performance of their emails. Pardot also offers a nice selection of pre-made templates to choose from.
Marketo is an easy-to-use email marketing platform with a drag-and-drop builder to help users create stunning email campaigns within minutes. It includes behavioral analytics, engagement programs, and segmentation tools to deliver highly targeted campaigns. This powerful solution can be used to engage leads and customers or to launch multivariate testing.
Eloqua is an enterprise-level email automation platform providing customers comprehensive tracking and reporting capabilities. Its advanced technologies can quickly identify which buyers are most likely to respond positively to certain messages and campaigns. With Eloqua’s predictive analytics and segmentation engine, users can customize emails according to individual preferences and interests.
Autopilot is a modern automation platform built with email marketing in mind. Its user-friendly tools enable customers to quickly create automated sequences and journeys that will reinforce sales and marketing efforts. The platform also provides useful insights such as open rate and funnel reports to help customers better understand their campaigns’ performance. In addition, Autopilot has integrations with a range of popular ecommerce platforms and services such as Salesforce, Zapier, Amazon Web Services, and more.
Act-On is an all-in-one marketing automation platform that includes email marketing, lead management, social media management, and analytics. In addition, it offers advanced features such as lead scoring, segmentation, and A/B testing. Pricing is based on the number of contacts in a business’s database and starts at $900 monthly.
SparkPost is a cloud-based email delivery service that provides businesses with email infrastructure solutions. It includes features such as email sending, delivery optimization, and analytics. Pricing is based on the number of emails sent and starts at $75 per month for up to 50,000 emails.
31. Amazon SES
Amazon SES (Simple Email Service) is a cloud-based email-sending service that allows businesses to send transactional and marketing emails. It includes features such as email sending, delivery, and analytics. Pricing is based on the number of emails sent, starting at $24.95 per month per IP.
Mailgun is an email automation platform that allows businesses to send and receive transactional and marketing emails. It includes features such as email sending, delivery optimization, and analytics. Pricing is based on the number of emails sent and starts at $35 per month for up to 50,000 emails.
Postmark is a cloud-based email delivery service focusing on transactional emails such as password resets, invoices, and confirmations. In addition, it includes features such as email sending, delivery optimization, and analytics. Pricing is based on the number of emails sent and starts at $10 monthly for up to 1,000 emails.
Sendy is a self-hosted email marketing platform that allows businesses to send bulk emails using Amazon SES. It includes features such as list management, email templates, and analytics. Pricing is a one-time payment of $59 for a lifetime license plus the cost of Amazon SES usage.
Substack is an email newsletter platform that allows writers and publishers to monetize their content through subscriptions. It includes list management, email templates, and payment processing. Pricing is based on a 10% fee on subscription revenue.
Ghost is a self-hosted publishing platform that allows businesses to create and manage email newsletters, blogs, and publications. It includes features such as content creation, email sending, and analytics. Pricing starts at $29 per month for up to 1 staff user and 100,000 page views.
Revue is an email marketing platform that allows businesses to create and send newsletters, curate content, and grow their audience. It includes features such as content curation, email templates, and analytics. Twitter acquired Revue in 2021, and pricing is currently free.
Buttondown is an email marketing platform that allows businesses to create and send newsletters and manage subscriber lists. Pricing is based on the number of subscribers and starts at $9 monthly for 1,000 subscribers. Buttondown also offers a free plan for 100 subscribers.
Hey is an email service provider that aims to provide a more streamlined and privacy-focused email experience. It includes customizable email workflows, inbox organization, and privacy tools. Pricing starts at $12 per user per month.
What are email marketing tools, and why are they important?
Email marketing tools are software platforms that enable businesses to design, automate, and execute effective email campaigns. They help organizations to build better relationships with their customers, increase customer engagement, and drive more sales.
What is a drag-and-drop editor in email marketing tools?
A drag-and-drop editor is a feature in email marketing tools that allows users to design email campaigns by simply dragging and dropping elements into a template. It is an intuitive way to create engaging emails without coding skills.
Do all email marketing tools include a landing page builder?
No, not all email marketing tools include a landing page builder. However, many leading email marketing tools offer this feature, as it helps businesses create optimized landing pages designed to convert visitors into leads or customers.
What is an email marketing service?
An email marketing service is a platform that offers businesses a range of features and tools to create and manage their email marketing campaigns. These services typically include email design tools, automation features, analytics, and customer segmentation tools.
Are there any free email marketing tools available?
Yes, free email marketing tools are available, although they typically have limitations compared to paid tools. Some popular free email marketing tools include Mailchimp, Sendinblue, and Benchmark Email.
What is marketing automation software?
Marketing automation software is a tool that enables businesses to automate their marketing tasks, such as email campaigns, social media marketing, and lead management. These tools use advanced analytics to help businesses streamline their marketing efforts and increase their ROI.
What is an affordable email marketing tool?
An affordable email marketing tool is a platform that offers businesses a range of email marketing features and tools at an affordable price point. These tools are ideal for small businesses and startups with a limited budget but still want to execute effective email campaigns. Some affordable email marketing tools include Moosend, MailerLite, and Constant Contact.
Email marketing is an important tool for businesses of any size as it offers a cost-effective way to reach target audiences with the potential to generate increased leads and revenue. You have plenty of options with the 39 best email marketing software solutions geared toward providing users with the tools needed to create and execute campaigns. Check the features and pricing plans across the various solutions and pick the one that best suits your goals and budget. The good news? You won’t be short on choices.