Last Updated on May 8, 2023
Every business owner knows the importance of having a good project management process. But finding the right project management software can be challenging, especially if you want something a little more advanced. We’ve created this list of 19 top project management alternatives to help you find the best project management software for your business.
What makes good Project Management Software?
There are many factors to consider when running and managing projects, including tracking deliverables, managing complex projects and resources, controlling budgets, and collaborating with team members. This factor also applies to selecting the appropriate project management software features.
To assist you in making your choice, below is a list of the top 5 functional features of project management apps.
Task lists. It’s essential to be able to assign tasks and change their statuses so that everyone in your team is aware of the situation.
Schedules. Some project management app provide calendars, Gantt charts, or milestone tools that help you understand how a work fits into the overall project data and how much time it will take to complete by the project manager and the team..
File sharing. The ability to organize and share essential project portfolio management papers cuts down on time spent looking for files.
Communication. Choosing successful project management software depends heavily on communication since effective communication leads to rapid and simple problem-solving.
Reporting. All team members must keep themselves informed about the project as a whole. But this is also a significant benefit for project managers who want to ensure that the project is moving forward and that tasks are being completed on schedule.
19 Top Project Management Software
One of the project management tools that your teams would adore is Proworkflow. It is gorgeous, adaptable, and relatively simple to use. Additionally, it interfaces with every tool you use, saving time and optimizing your operations.
Spend less time mentally managing the process. ProWorkflow makes it a breeze to assign staff, track time, or reschedule projects. Quoting and invoicing has never been simpler.
- It makes it simple to organize tasks, track time, and assign employees
- Never before have quoting and billing been so easy.
- Dependable assistance and advice
You can organize your tasks, notes, projects, and time more effectively with the help of the highly-rated productivity tool ClickUp. The project management application gathers all your tasks, projects, and resources in one location and assists you in determining who is responsible for what. To improve your user experience, ClickUp pays close attention to views, statuses, features, and procedures.
Work smarter as a team with real-time chat. Tag individuals or groups, assign comments for action items, and link tasks to get more done together.
- To keep everyone on the same page, customize the procedure using stages.
- Create workspaces with specialized features, workflows, and tags.
- For automated scheduling, include time estimates.
- control what other people can see and do
- Set objectives and monitor your progress
Unquestionably, Zoho Projects is one of the best essential project management tools that can streamline your impending work and tasks with a single click.
A unique and powerful suite of software to run your entire business, brought to you by a company with the long-term vision to transform the way you work.
- Efficient administration of files
- Gantt charts use to monitor project progress.
- Teams can cooperate, develop, and communicate using one tool.
- It can combine with ZOHO CRM and other tools to manage every part of a developing agency.
One of the top project management tools is GranttPRO, which 250k project managers worldwide already laud. It assists in creating project plans and timetables, monitoring workflow, managing budgets, adhering to deadlines, and establishing effective communication in one location. For a quick start, the solution provides pre-made Gantt chart templates.
- Maintain a balanced workload by keeping all resources active.
- Comments, attachments, and notifications for collaboration
- Gantt charts and a Board perspective of the workspace
- Project templates for quick beginning
Asana is a software application that allows you to keep track of your tasks, create projects and assign team members to complete them. It also has features like Gantt Charts, enabling you to visualize project timelines. The software can access from a desktop computer and on mobile devices such as tablet computers and smartphones. Using Asana Online, you can manage your projects or tasks from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Project and task management
- Send an email to a team member when a project is complete
- Create tasks, assign them to team members and update their progress
- Assign deadlines to tasks and project, so that you can keep track of your deadlines
You can add tasks and track each task’s progress using Trello. You can also create or join boards. The Trello program is a desktop application for Mac or PC platforms and an online tool. It offers iTunes in both free and premium versions. However, the free version has fewer capabilities, including naming and annotating tasks.
- You can add a due date to each task which will automatically update the date you need to complete it.
- You can also create different lists, like boards, lists, and cards which you can use as your organizational tool.
- The software is available on both Mac and PC systems and works with both iPhone and Android devices.
- The software is compatible with Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer browsers.
ProofHub is a web-based service that allows users to connect their Gmail and Google Calendar with their tasks. Thanks to this, users can make task lists in their calendars and save them as drafts.
- Integrates with popular email services like Gmail and Google Calendar
- You can use the accessible version of this software and pay for an upgrade plan if you want features like custom labels, comments, and due dates added to your tasks.
Scoro is one of the complete business management programs for creative and professional services. It is the ideal project management tool for individuals who want to give their job structure.
- All in one location for projects, clients, and teams.
- Utilize a smooth workflow to stay organized in every part of your organization.
- Receive automated reports and an overview in real-time.
- Compatible with programs like DropBox, Mailchimp, Outlook, and others.
A highly committed team created Workzone to help both people and companies in gaining better control and visibility over their job management. They have a central location to organize and distribute their work, which keeps everyone on the same page.
- Obtain high-level reports so that everyone is aware of the upcoming tasks.
- Allows for quicker communication.
- The ability to easily share files, create tasks, and to-do lists increases teamwork.
- Set permissions for various people, such as clients.
Filestage enables teams to expedite the assessment and approval of their project deliverables. Filestage automates, streamlines, and ensures compliance with guidelines while streamlining feedback on deliverables throughout the proofreading process.
- Create dependable review and approval procedures.
- Real-time comments can make on audio, video, documents, and photos.
- Precise version control of deliverables
- Using the project dashboard, you can keep track of all deliverables.
One of the straightforward and feature-rich project management solutions, ProProfs Project, is made to make managing, tracking, and completing projects for companies of all sizes straight. It consolidates all your projects under one roof, enabling your teams to collaborate. They can discuss obstacles, swap files on the move, leave feedback in task comments, and receive real-time updates on project progress.
The tool helps you with everything, including assigning and prioritizing tasks and tracking and carrying them out. Additionally, you may manage billable and non-billable hours, make invoices, and create timesheets for each team member.
- Gantt charts
- Shared Calendar
- Kanban Board
- Custom Workflow
- Insightful reports
- Invoice generation
- Drag and drop functionality
The strength of your marketing, sales, support, and project management teams can combine with HubSpot, an all-in-one CRM application. Projects are a single location where your tasks, data, and communications can live in HubSpot’s free Marketing Hub. You can manage your projects under the Marketing Hub using the same platform and receive real-time feedback, notifications, and outcomes.
You can start managing your projects right away with built-in templates. Establish due dates, assign owners to tasks, assign owners to deadlines, and add any required attachments or assets to projects for each project. Since it’s a component of HubSpot’s CRM, your marketing, sales, and support teams will connect with your customer data.
- board collaboration
- standardized project templates
- sync of customer databases and data
- system for tracking tasks and assignments
- comprehensive dashboard analytics
Redbooth is an intuitive online work and project management tool for hectic teams. Redbooth enables you to keep your entire team coordinated, on-task, and organized.
- Task and project management that is intuitive
- Simple task delegation and assignment
- iOS and Android mobile applications
Easy Project includes a wealth of expert project management solutions for you, your team, and the entire business. It is a fantastic fit for many companies, whether they are IT or educational, and trusted by prestigious organizations like Toyota, Lenovo, and Bosch.
- Visual planning and project maps
- Compatibility with resources, finances, help desk, and CRM modules
- Outlook, Project, Excel, and Redmine are integrated
Crocagile is a straightforward agile project workspace targeted towards teams working on software development and specially designed for agile developers and features vital project management tools. It offers all the good things that boost agile methods with cutting-edge technology, like collaboration and gamification elements.
For businesses looking to accomplish projects more quickly, Teamdeck provides a whole solution. This project management software is crucial for managing resources and keeping track of how much time will spend on tasks and projects. With the help of Teamdeck, you can schedule your workers for various tasks and generate precise timesheets with one-click time tracking.
- Resource allocation
- Time tracking and timesheets
- Leave control
- Cost per billable hour
A portable project management tool called Smartsheet facilitates team collaboration, time tracking, reporting, resource management, and job planning. The cloud-based software’s remarkable capabilities place it on the top project management solutions list.
- Utilize group cooperation
- Requests for automatic updates
- File attachments from Dropbox, Onedrive, Google Drive, and other sources
- Identify who is active and who is not
- Dependable permissions management
The needs of a team will meet by Hive’s robust project management and collaboration software. The system enables tracking of project status and provides a status view in the Kanban style, Gantt charts for project progress, and all other necessary information for a project team on a single page.
- offers a platform that is the center of everything
- Utilize action templates to schedule and repeat actions.
- Switch between projects, communications, and files without any delay
- Access from a PC or mobile app anywhere
- 1000-plus integrations
You can create, plan, and collaborate in one place using Notion. In contrast to conventional project management solutions, the notion provides a contemporary aesthetic and feature set. Project planning and discussion, team and client communication, and keeping track of all the essential details are all done using it. Notion keeps meticulous records and accurately captures each unique workflow.
- Outline concepts and arrange them however you like.
- real-time synchronization between numerous devices and collaborators
- With the Mac, Windows, and mobile apps, it operates in the browser and is offline.
The requirements of enterprises are evolving along with the times. Spend time determining whether you require a tool for invoicing, robust reporting tools, or a comprehensive view of all your projects and operations in one location.
We hope the list above will be helpful and provide you with a rundown of the best project management tools to use in 2023.
What are the benefits of project management tools?
Enhanced activities oversight
Decrease administrative burden
Enhanced budget management
AI planning capabilities
What is project management software?
You can organize the workflow in your business with the use of project management software. Using this computerized system, you can plan your company’s projects and duties. Your team can work together virtually using project management software so that you can view the work your company has performed as well as keep track of and manage current projects.
Who uses project management software?
Project management software can help any business enhance its internal structure, from marketing organizations to construction companies. However, it’s beneficial for businesses that manage remote workers and freelancers.